Monday, April 6, 2015

Upcoming Spring Elections

Tuesday, April 7, 2015, is a very important day. Why is it important? This is your opportunity to select individuals to lead the City of Janesville and the School District of Janesville. This is a time for your voice to be heard and make a difference. There are six candidates vying for a seat on the Janesville City Council with four seats open. The individuals running are Incumbent Sam Liebert, Incumbent Douglas Marklein, Kay Dupree, Billy McCoy, Carol Tidwell, and Paul Williams.
There are five individuals vying for a seat on the Janesville School Board, with three seats open. The individuals running are Incumbent Greg Ardrey, Carla Quirk, Incumbent David DiStefano, Steve Huth, and Julieta Henry.

The process for the school board race is a little different this year.  There are three write-in candidates. They are Incumbent David DiStefano, Steve Huth, and Julieta Henry.  The only names that will appear on the ballot are Greg Ardrey and Carla Quirk.  Write-in candidates will not be listed.  If you want to vote for one of the write-in candidates, you must physically write in their name and fill in the oval shape next to their name. 

If you have not registered to vote, you can still register at the polling site. Persons who register or change their address at the polls on Election Day must present acceptable proof of residence. If you have been issued a Wisconsin driver's license or Wisconsin ID, you need to provide the driver's license or ID number on the registration form.  
Any of the following may be used as proof of residence if it contains the voter's current and complete first and last name, address of residence and is valid:

• A current and valid Wisconsin driver’s license or Wisconsin identification card.
• Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
• An identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business, which has a                 photograph of the cardholder, not including a business card.
• A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election. 
• A residential lease.
• A utility bill for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the election.
• A bank statement.
• A paycheck.
• A check or other document issued by a unit of government.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.