A few days ago we celebrated Thanksgiving, a day to pause and be thankful for things in our lives. We also pause at this time of year to celebrate “National Education Week”, this is a time set aside to thank all educators for what they do each and every day in the lives of students.
Here in the School District of Janesville we not only recognize them during this week but throughout the entire year. We have great staff members who are dedicated and committed to educating the students in the district.
Let’s look back at a few past and present accomplishments:
- All schools met, exceeded, or significantly exceeded expectations set forth by the State of Wisconsin District Report Card
- Four Janesville Schools were named as Schools of Distinction or Schools of Merit by the Wisconsin PBIS Network
- Both Janesville High Schools were awarded silver medals By US News and World Report
- Seven School District of Janesville Schools received State Recognition; 6 for “Best in Class” and one for “High Progress School.”
- Parker High School Computer Programmers Zero Robotics Team finished the MIT/NASA Zero Robotics programming challenge as the #2 team in the US
- Parker High School Computer Club placed first at the Milwaukee School of Engineering Programming Competition
- We have one of the top 100 Chinese classrooms in the nation which represents Harrison, Roosevelt, EMS and MMS
- Our district earned the top accountability score in Rock County and the top accountability school out of the 15 largest schools in Wisconsin.
This week we also paused to recognize our “2013 Teacher, Staff and Administrator of the Year Awards” the following individuals were recognized:
- Dana Simmons-Academic Learning Coach for Lincoln and Van Buren Elementary School.
- Amanda Werner-Challenge Academy Program at Madison Elementary School
- Kathleen Jacque-Paraprofessional at Washington Elementary School
- Michelle Kahl-Secretary to the Director of Human Resources
- Deb Blazer-Board Relations Coordinator
- Jeanne Lee-Secretary to the Principal at Wilson Elementary School
- Megan Martin-Lunch Hostess at Lincoln Elementary School
- Sonja Robinson-Business Education Teacher at Parker High School
- Julie Roth-Paraprofessional in Special Education Adams Elementary School
- Allison DeGraaf-Principal at Kennedy Elementary School
- Jessica Grandt-Turke-Principal at Harrison Elementary School
- Kurt Krueger-Principal at Jefferson Elementary School
- Chris Laue-Principal at Parker High School
- Laurie Meehan-Assistant Manager of School Nutrition Service for the District
- Amy Sheridan-Coordinator of TAG, Assessment and Elementary Math
- Charlie Urness-Principal of Franklin Middle School
We value and appreciate all of our staff and wanted to pause and say “THANK YOU” for all you do in providing “Educational Excellence” to our students each and every day. You are truly “Building Our Future”.