What’s Right in the School District of Janesville (SDJ) is a forum to recognize outstanding performances and achievements by SDJ employees, students and schools.
Staff Awards or Commendations
ESC – Administrative and Human Resources
- Mary Ann Kahl – Handbook and Christine Carlson – insurance enrollment (many comments have been given regarding the importance of and effectiveness to having the enrollment meetings).
- Michelle Kahl and Mandy Harper – Secretary Orientation meeting.
Craig High School
- Nate Scafe, VISTA Volunteer, should be recognized for creating an online parent tutorial for Family Access and online registration AND for leading our school in developing a mentorship program in partnership with First Lutheran Church.
Edison Middle School
- Andy LaChance and Carl Schenzel- recognized for teaching summer school class Motorhead Tech. Andy and Carl were interviewed by LocalVision TV about their efforts with students fixing small motors, lawn mowers, etc.
- Matt Peerenboom- Matt was hired as the new assistant principal of Edison Middle School. He has been a Science teacher at Franklin Middle School for 12 yrs.
Madison Elementary School
- A group of 5 teachers (Lisa Plewa, Cindy Seichter, Stephanie Gogul, Stephanie Filter and Tracy Ladick) spent 3 days attending a workshop in Minnesota with Principal McMahon learning about how to better meet the needs of our youngest at risk readers. Their enthusiasm, dedication, and desire to help all children should be commended!