Although the school year is coming to an end, student learning can continue throughout the summer. There are many inexpensive ways to inspire young minds!
- Help your children appreciate musical styles. Tune into a classical station and encourage kids to move to the music. Then switch to jazz. Keep switching stations, and when you are finished, talk to your children about how the music made them feel and move!
- Take children to a story hour at the Hedberg Public Library or check out a local book store!
- Visit a state park or zoo.
- Buy some seeds. Ask your child to keep a plant journal, and do the same thing yourself as you watch the plants grow. Compare your observations!
- Go outside at night and look at the stars. Help your child pick out constellations.
The School District of Janesville is still accepting students for summer school as well. Summer School can be a great way to supplement learning during summer! Classes are filling up, so enroll soon!
Check out these websites for other ideas to keep children active and discovering all summer long: